Fuel Cleaning Services
Remove harmful fuel contaminants to prevent unexpected engine shutdown
Our skilled fuel tank cleaning service technicians use a closed loop filter circulating system to remove microbiological growth and contamination caused by sludge, sediment, and petroleum contact water (PCW), to safely return fuel to the tank under pressure.
The fuel is treated with Diesel Fuel Inhibitor/Stabilizer and samples are sent for lab analysis.
Fuel Tank Cleaning Services
Testing and Maintenance Services
- Eliminate microbiological growth and contamination caused by sludge, sediment, and/or petroleum contact water (PCW) with our generator fuel tank cleaning services
- Remove water, microbiological growth, sediment, and contamination from diesel storage tank sludge
- Run fuel through a closed-loop filter circulating system consisting of a 100-micron bag filter; oil and water separation runs through a coalescing unit, 10-micron bag filter, 5-micron water absorption canister filter, and 0.5-micron water absorption canister filter before fuel is returned to the tank under pressure
- Capture, contain, store, transport, and dispose of all extracted fuel/water contaminants
- Add Diesel Fuel Inhibitor/Stabilizer Treatment to the tank
- Perform lab analysis of remaining fuel upon cleaning service completion
- Provide field report of service performed, including condition status of the fuel and tank based upon inspection
- Advise if additional repairs, inspections, or fuel tank cleaning services are required
Prime Power technicians can conduct generator Fuel Cleaning Service while your generator remains online. There is no need to set up a temporary fuel source.